Pervasive Performance to Propel Insights
3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors deliver industry-leading, workload-optimized platforms with built-in AI acceleration, providing a seamless performance foundation to help speed data’s transformative impact, from the multi-cloud to the intelligent edge and back.
- Enhanced Performance: Delivers multi-socket core count density with up to 28 cores per processor and up to 224 cores per platform in an 8-socket configuration, driving enhanced performance, throughput, and CPU frequencies compared to 2nd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors.
- Enhanced Intel® Deep Learning Boost (Intel® DL Boost) with VNNI and New bfloat16: Enhanced Intel® Deep Learning Boost with the industry’s first x86 support of Brain Floating Point 16-bit (blfoat16) and Vector Neural Network Instructions (VNNI) brings enhanced artificial intelligence inference and training performance, delivering up to 1.93x more AI training performance vs. the previous generation.1
- More Intel® Ultra Path Interconnect (Intel® UPI): Up to six Intel® UPI channels increase platform scalability and improve inter-CPU bandwidth for I/O- intensive workloads versus the previous generation, offering the perfect balance between improved throughput and energy efficiency.
- Increased DDR4 Memory Speed & Capacity: Memory subsystem enhancements include support for up to 6 channels of DDR4-3200 MT/s and 16Gb DIMMs, with up to 256GB DDR4 DIMMs per socket.
- Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel® AVX-512): Intel® AVX-512 boosts performance and throughput for the most demanding computational tasks in applications, such as modeling and simulation, data analytics and machine learning, data compression, visualization, and digital content creation. Now available with up to 2 Fused Multiply Add (FMA) instructions, beginning with Intel® Xeon® Gold 5300 processors.
- Support for Intel® Optane™ SSDs and Intel® QLC 3D NAND SSDs: Delivers industry-leading combination of high throughput, low latency, high QoS, an ultra-high endurance to break through data access bottlenecks. With low-latency NVMe* interconnect, Intel’s low-overhead storage software, and our most advanced TLC 3D NAND, the all-new Intel® SSD D7-P5500 & P5600 series are designed to support the intense I/O requirements of AI and analytics workloads in data center and edge deployments.